As many of you already know, it’s Suicide Awareness Week on YABookShelf.com. When I announced it a couple of days ago, I mentioned that there would be reviews, commentaries, guest posts and giveaways, and so far, I’ve posted content that fits two of those aspects. Today I’m going to announce a giveaway in conjunction with the Holiday #Readathon that runs from today until December 5, 2010. Excited? Wondering what the mini-challenge could be? Read on to find out what you need to do to get your very own hardcover copy of Hold Still and a zine inspired by the book that Nina LaCour created before it was published.
Sound good? Well, there is one main thing that you need to do to win this book: You need to spread the word about Suicide Awareness Week, this giveaway, and other related organizations and videos. To enter, you must tweet about this giveaway or share it on Facebook, but if you want to get extra entries, there are a few things you can do:
- Enter the readathon because if we get over 50 entries, then an author is going to donate to a local library.
- Sign the It Gets Better Pledge.
- Follow YABookShelf on Twitter or Facebook
- Promote the HoldStill book trailer by tweeting or sharing on FB
- Add this giveaway or Suicide Awareness Week to your sidebar
- Blog about either the HoldStill book trailer or why you want today’s youth to know It Gets Better
- Blog about Suicide Awareness Week and link to the first post
This giveaway ends on December 5, 2010 at 11:59pm, and there will be one winner from either the US or Canada.