Catching Fire Book Trailers In Head-To-Head Combat

4901257732 52c41b878c Catching Fire Book Trailers In Head To Head CombatWhen I finished reading The Hunger Games, I was – understandably so – on fire with the desire to continue the series as quickly as possible. However, things got in the way; I had other books to read, interview questions to write, reviews to write, and emails to send. Then at some point, when the strong urge to continue on had cooled slightly, I decided that it would be in my best interest to read Catching Fire at a time closer to the official release of the final novel in the series, Mockingjay.

I’ve been dreaming of finishing the second novel and immediately starting in on the last for some time now, just so I can get and keep the strong momentum going straight through. Now, exactly one week until the official release date of Mockingjay, I know that I’m going to have to hurry up and get through the second novel if my dream is about to become a reality. I still have other books to read and interview questions to write, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have some time to spare to read CatchingFire this week, I just need to get into the mood.

To help myself (and you!) get into the the spirit of the games…The Hunger Games trilogy that is, I decided to put three different CatchingFire promos head-to-head in an all-out battle. While two of these trailers are similar, one is incredibly different, which is interesting because it appears as though Scholastic produced them all. Check them all out and put in your vote for which trailer should have the life of fame and fortune promised to the lucky Hunger Games contestants.

Video #1:

Video #2:

Video #3:

Leave a comment letting me know which of the three promo videos you prefer and why. If you think your friends will be on your side, send the link their way. We want to show Scholastic which promo video they made leaves the best, get-up-and-buy this book feeling or is the most aesthetically pleasing. The criteria is up to you, and the only rule is that there are no rules. Now, may the results be EVER in the best Catching Fire trailer’s favor!

9 comments for “Catching Fire Book Trailers In Head-To-Head Combat

1. Kat Zhang
    August 17, 2010 at 9:24 am

I don’t know… I kind of wish the trailers were different, haha. I’d like to see some people in it, you know? Or at least something more than just words on a black screen and then book reviews. If not live-action, then maybe something artsy, like TELL ME A SECRET. I just feel like the series deserves better trailers ;) Though honestly, they don’t need them, do they?

2. August 17, 2010 at 9:35 am

Thanks for your feedback Kat! Perhaps you’re right and they don’t actually need a trailer, but I think that it’s smart marketing to have one. A company like Scholastic can’t take any chances, especially when they’re planning to print 1.2 million copies for the first run of Mockingjay. It’s ambitious, but I’m sure it will be a hugely successful best seller.

3. Jennifer Vincent
    August 17, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I like the first one best…I like the beginning of the second one, but then it goes on and on and I don’t like it as much.

4. August 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Thanks for giving me your vote, Jennifer! I think what you’re saying about the second trailer is a common issue – some of these things are just too long to maintain the interest of an audience. Unfortunately, they don’t sell as many copies, so I think getting it right is critical.

5. Nichole Giles
    August 18, 2010 at 11:44 pm

Hm. I’m not in love with any of them to tell the truth. But the third one is definitely my favorite.

Hurry and finish Catching Fire before Mockingjay! Less than a week to go.

6. August 18, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Thanks for your vote Nichole! If I remember correctly, the third one is the official trailer used by Scholastic.

Oh…I am planning on it, but I have to finish Romeo & Juliet & Vampires first…priorities…priorities. If Catching Fire is anything like The Hunger Games, it’ll be a 24 hour or less completion time for me, then I can dive right into Mockingjay. :)

7. Layla Messner
    August 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I vote for the 3rd one – but only because the second one was too long and I didn’t like its music as much.

8. August 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for your vote, Layla! Yeah, I agree – the music for the second one was a little cheesy.